Get your college career off to the right start! Enroll in Accelerated Enrollment and earn college credit while still in high school
Alabama Southern Community College provides postsecondary instructional opportunities to eligible highschool students through the State Board of Education’s Early Admission for Accelerated High School Student’s Program. The program is open to high school students as specified in State Board of Education Policy 801.02.
The eligibility guidelines listed below are subject to State Board of Education policy changes. All eligibility criteria must be met.
- The student has successfully completed the tenth grade.
- The student provides a certification from the local principal and/or his designee certifying that the student has a minimum cumulative “B” average and recommends the student be admitted under this policy.
- The student may enroll only in postsecondary courses for which high school prerequisites have been completed. (Example: a student may not take English Composition until all required high school English courses have been completed).
- Students may enroll in academic, career and technical, or health profession courses/programs in accordance with guidelines issued by the Chancellor.
- Students must submit a completed Alabama Southern Accelerated High School application for admission to the student development office, along with the recommendation letter from the principal or his/her designee, and a high school transcript that verifies criteria 1, 2, and 3. The information must be submitted together as one packet. In addition, those students enrolled in a non-accredited high school must provide an ACT score of at least 16 for admission to a course creditable toward an associate degree.
Upon admission, the student is an Alabama Southern student and is subject to all the same rights, privileges,and obligations applicable to Alabama Southern students. Students are integrated into regular classes at the College and no distinction is made because they are high school students. Students will be admitted to the College on a continued “conditional” status until general admission requirements are fulfilled. College credit earned by the student and release of transcript information are held in escrow by the College until the student provides the necessary documents required for admission to the College.